At present all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free midday meal. Atam Academy has a pure vegetarian ethos and provides a nourishing vegetarian meal with a choice of main hot courses each day. A salad bar, fresh fruit and yoghurt are always available. Our lunches are cooked on the premises of a nearby school and delivered to us daily. We try to make lunchtime a sociable and enjoyable experience. Staff encourage children to eat and allow them as much time as they can. If we are concerned about your child’s eating we will always contact you.
Free school meals
Before September 2014 only children in familes who qualified had access to Free School Meals. Schools were able to claim a ‘pupil premium’ for those children, which gave the school £1300 for their education.
Because all children in Reception and KS1 now receive a free school meal, some families no longer register their entitlement. If you are eligible for free school meals you need to register for them to enable the school to claim this money for your child’s education. Please register now to make sure your child does not miss out on this extra funding.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Registering is really quick and easy. If you think you qualify please go to Redbridge FSM registration or speak to our office staff who will be glad to help you.