About Khalsa Secondary Academy
Khalsa Secondary Academy is a thriving, vibrant and caring mainstream secondary school (11-18 year olds) with inclusive Sikh values and British values at the heart of our educational philosophy. At Khalsa, it is our mission to educate the whole child and to support them in becoming confident, productive, selfless and ethical members of society.
We are a rapidly improving school with high personal and academic expectations for all our students, offering them an environment of academic rigour, creativity and wider educational opportunity beyond the classroom. By valuing every child and by promoting excellent, care, kindness and respect we encourage, challenge and support each child to achieve their full potential.
At Khalsa Secondary Academy we are fortunate to have state of the art facilities, allowing us to provide our students with the best possible standards in education.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching;
- Outstanding results, at both GCSE and A level, from our well-motivated students
- A staff team who are committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students;
- A supportive and open leadership team;
- An excellent, friendly and inclusive working environment;
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences;
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
Visits to the Academy are warmly encouraged.
To apply, please read through the relevant Application Pack and complete the above Application Form. Please return completed forms to the Head's PA Mrs A Kaur: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for new governors at each of our schools and would warmly welcome applications from all faiths, backgrounds and communities.
We seek individuals who have an awareness of standards in public life, a determination to abide by them and the integrity to participate in collective decision-making in the best interests of the School.
Please find an attached job description for further information.
Our commitment to Safeguarding:
Khalsa Secondary Academy is committed to safeguarding children. We believe that children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them. We expect that all staff, volunteers, outside agencies and service providers adhere to our policies and share in our commitment to safeguard all children in our care. All staff will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are equally committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to providing equality and fairness in our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.