We are looking for new governors at each of our schools and would warmly welcome applications from all faiths, backgrounds and communities.
We seek individuals who have an awareness of standards in public life, a determination to abide by them and the integrity to participate in collective decision-making in the best interests of the School.
Please find an attached job description for further information.
Assistant Principal (Inclusion)
L14-18 London Fringe (£57,714 -£63,562)
Full time, permanent, Easter 2020 start
Within this, you must be ambitious and able:
- To be the designated SENCO at Khalsa Secondary Academy
- Lead and manage all aspects of inclusion provision (SEND, Pupil Premium and Gifted and Talented)
- Manage and be responsible for organising and overseeing the SEN provision across the school, in line with the 2014 Code of Practice and Buckinghamshire guidelines (Local Offer).
- Manage and be responsible for the reviews of EHCPs, ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- Manage and be responsible for the delivery of SEN provision across the school.
- Oversee alternative provisions/interventions to ensure appropriate support for specifically identified SEN students.
- Ensure the statutory/appropriate support is in place for SEN students across the school, including those with English as an Additional Language (EAL).
- Provide additional support for students who are struggling with school, but who may not have an identified specified need.
- Liaise with outside agencies to support SEN students. To be the lead professional where appropriate at EHA/TAC meetings, where identified concerns are linked to SEN needs.
- Manage and be responsible for liaising with parents of children with SEN.
- Analyse external examination results, producing a written evaluation of the performance of students with SEN.
- Produce development plans in line with school improvement planning policies.
- Manage and be responsible for the appraisal of Team Leaders and TAs.
- Advise on the development of the school’s Disability Equality Scheme.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current issues relating to SEN, informing the Head of School and other relevant staff.
- Assist the governors with the production of evidence needed for any policy changes related to SEN.
- Provide training for teaching staff with regards to providing support for SEN students in the classroom, and review its effectiveness.
- Access external funding where available to support Inclusion provisions.
- Attend leadership meetings as identified in the school calendar.
- Manage and be responsible for maintaining EHCPs, plus requesting additional funding if required.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It is what motivates us. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at Khalsa Secondary Academy, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
We can offer you excellent career development opportunities; a supportive Governing Body; caring, committed and hard-working staff; talented, enthusiastic and engaged pupils, and a school community which strives for excellence in all that it does.
If you feel you have the appropriate qualifications and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you.
Visits are warmly encouraged by contacting Mrs Amrita Kaur at the school office.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please include your philosophy of education and your vision for Inclusion at Khalsa Secondary Academy.
Closing date: Monday 10 February 2020
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date. We reserve the right to close the applications early in the event of an overwhelming response.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.