Pupil Premium is additional funding for schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities, and to close the gaps between them and their peers. (Further information from the Government can be found here). There are various types of Pupil Premium funding.
Many children are entitled to Free School Meals but do not claim them. We are keen to encourage all parents/carers to apply for Free School Meals if they receive any of the qualifying benefits which appear in the eligibility list below.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £900 for the school which helps to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent/carer is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
Please download and complete the application form below if you feel you may be eligible and return to the school office:
In addition to providing Free School Meals for students who are eligible, there is further financial assistance available to support their education.
The school is able to help towards the cost of the following:
- Uniform, including PE kits
- Educational School Trips
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Essential books and school equipment
- Contributions and Materials for Art and Technology (including Food Technology)
- Musical Instrument Lessons – available from the Redbridge Music Service
If your child has been eligible for Free School Meals within the last 6 years, they are known as Ever 6 Students. They will continue to be entitled to support towards the cost of essential school books and equipment, such as revision guides, as well as educational school trips on application, should assistance be required.
Please do inform the school office if you feel you have a specific request for further financial support that may help your child’s education and the school will consider this accordingly.
All enquiries will be dealt with in complete confidence.