Latest NewsKhalsa Secondary Academy
Khalsa Secondary Academy Impressive GCSE Results 2018Aug 2018
PRESS RELEASE – 23 August 2018
Khalsa Secondary Academy continue their success with impressive GCSE results
Students and staff at Khalsa Secondary Academy are celebrating phenomenal success in this year’s GCSE results. Despite national changes in this year’s GCSE results across the majority of subjects, the percentage of students achieving the top grades remains impressive; including 28.8% of students achieving the very top grades of 7 – 9 in Mathematics.
We are particularly proud of the amazing progress made by students since joining the school, the new Progress 8 score which measures the progress made by students in their 8 best GCSEs would place the school amongst the top performing schools nationally. The school achieved a score of +0.45 which is well above the expected national averages and likely to place it within the top 10% nationally. Overall 74% of students achieved a 9-4 grade in five subjects including English and Maths. The school achieved an amazing 42.4% in the English Baccalaureate (EBacc).
The Attainment 8 score which measures attainment across their 8 best GCSEs came in at 48.06.
In the 2018 examination results Khalsa Secondary Academy students have excelled; subject highlights include:
Physics: 50% achieved 7-9 (A*-A)
Biology: 37.5% achieved 7-9 (A*-A)
Chemistry: 37.5% achieved 7-9 (A*-A)
Panjabi: 36% achieved 7-9 (A*-A)
Mathematics: 28.8% achieved 7-9 (A*-A)
Students are now looking forward to commence their A Levels at our Sixth Form in September.
In addition to an overall trend of improvement, there have been some outstanding individual performances:
- Gurleen Kaur Singh joined the school in Year 9, unable to speak any English. Today she received outstanding GCSE results: 10 grades at 7-9. She intends to stay at Khalsa Secondary Academy Sixth Form.
- Annika Dhir was celebrating exceptional grades today, having achieved; 4 grade 8 and 2 A grades.
- Karanvir Tatla has made incredible progress throughout the year; with results including 1 9, 1 8 and 2 grade 7s. We are exceptionally proud of his hard work and look forward to welcoming him back to our Sixth Form in September, to repeat his successes.
- Amritpal Maan was beaming as the enveloped was opened and said “the teachers have helped support me and motivate me. I can’t wait to join the Sixth Form”.
- Rasneet Devsi who scored phenomenally gaining 7s and A grades said: “I want to be a cardiothoracic surgeon and with the great facilities and support from my teachers, I know that I can achieve this”.
Overjoyed students, parents and staff celebrated the successes of the year group at Khalsa Secondary Academy and are looking forward to an exciting future, with many students returning to the Sixth Form in September.
Principal, Sulina Piesse commented: “Congratulations to the class of 2018 in securing another set of outstanding results. I am extremely proud of what our students have achieved, the results are a testament of their determination, hard work and commitment, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank staff for their ongoing dedication to our students’ achievements. We look forward to welcoming many of them back to the Sixth Form in September where we are sure they will continue their academic success”.
“These second set of great results secures the future of this lead school within our Trust. I would personally like to thank everyone including students, teachers, parents, support staff, governors, trustees and directors in achieving this fantastic result”, said Nick Singh Kandola, CEO.
For further information please contact:
Nick Singh Kandola, CEO, Khalsa Academies Trust on email@example.com