Paths to professional Careers – a parent & Guardians guide
Support your child to explore all the options available. Opportunities for young people nowadays are incredible and whether they choose a gap year, an apprenticeship, the university route or something completely different, all of these will set them up for a very bright future.
The most important thing that we can do as parent’s/guardians is to support your child by keep communicating and providing the tools to help them make their own informed decisions.
Ways to help your child:
- Attend your school’s parent’s evening and speak to your Careers Adviser
- Discuss the careers activities that your son/daughter takes part in
- Encourage time and ways for them to discover their skills
- Support your child to adopt high aspirations with regards to education, career pathways and life
- Share positive attitudes, views and values
- Regularly speak to your child about the various career’s pathways
- Set a good example
- Research other sites such, just hover over the following guides: