At Khalsa Secondary Academy we take safeguarding extremely seriously, our priority is the safety and welfare of all the students in our care.
THE SAFEGUARDING TEAM
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Julian Williams (Head of School)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Sandy Wilson (SENCO)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Jagroop Roopra (Assistant Principal)
- Safeguarding Governor - Anita Singh (Acting chair of governors)
- Safeguarding Trustee - Nick Singh Kandola (CEO)
REPORTING SAFEGUARDING CONCERNS
In the event students have concerns about their own or other students wellbeing and safety they are to report their concerns to any member of school staff and these will be recorded and reported directly to the safeguarding team they may also report directly to the safeguarding team.
In the event parents have concerns about their own or other children's wellbeing and safety they may report their concerns to any member of school staff and these will be recorded and reported directly to the safeguarding team they may also report directly to the safeguarding team. If parents have concerns regarding a member of staff or a leadership team they may report their concerns directly to the safeguarding governor.
Parents or carers who may need support or have concerns about their children may seek support from the school or contact the Buckinghamshire Family Support Service or Slough Early Help Service .
The Family Support Services can work with families or children who need help because they are:
- Excluded from school or having difficulties engaging with education
- Currently or at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Affected by domestic abuse or parental conflict
- Demonstrating risk-taking behaviour
- Impacted by the consequences of substance misuse
- Affected by poor mental health
- Impacted by poor attachments or relationships within the family
- Having difficulty parenting in a consistent way
- Impacted by financial problems and debt
- Having difficulty maintaining boundaries and expectations within the home
- Involved with the criminal justice system
- Young carers
- Vulnerable to exploitation
- In a home environment impacting on the health and well-being of a child
Where staff have concerns regarding students safety and wellbeing they are to record their concerns using the appropriate safeguarding documentation and speak directly to a member of the safeguarding team. If staff have concerns about the safeguarding team or head of school they are to report their concerns to the safeguarding governor or trustee.
The key documentation and policies relating to safeguarding at KSA and nationally can be found here
There are many great things in the digital world. However, there are also many dangers. Please find below useful information and resources to help keep your child/ren safe online in the connected world.
BULLYING & EQUALITY
PREVENT & ANTI-RADICALISATION
Please check back soon as this page will be updated frequently with additional information.