At Khalsa Secondary we pride ourselves on celebrating achievement. We have a highly effective rewards system that acknowledges and celebrates the achievements and successes of all our students, across the school – inside and outside the classroom, providing our students with opportunities to be recognised and praised for their academic achievements, progress, contributions to the school community, behaviour and attendance.
Students might receive:
- Positive conduct points.
- Certificates and postcards or letters home and awards at celebration of achievement evenings or junior and senior awards evenings.
- Verbal praise/comments in Year Assembly.
- Features in the school newsletter or magazine.
- Comment in student planners, postcards home, certificates of achievement.
- Displays of work.
- A prize at Celebration of Achievement, Awards evenings, End of Term Celebration Assemblies where progress is rewarded as well as achievement.
- Termly year group prizes or tutor group prizes.
- House Treats.
- Reward Trips.