- Atam Academy
- Attendance and Punctuality
Attendance and Punctuality
Attendance and Punctuality
ATAM Academy is committed to working with families and other agencies to ensure that all students attend school regularly.
Aims and principles of good attendance
- All students have a minimum attendance target of 97%.
- The school is committed to maximising the achievement and attainment of all students.
- There is a clear link between good attendance and educational achievement.
- Regular and punctual attendance is vital if students are to benefit fully from the academic, personal and social opportunities that are offered to them within the school.
- Families play an important role in supporting the school and encouraging students to reach good attendance levels.
- A broad and balanced education is dependent on regular attendance at school.
- Appropriate action will be taken to promote and encourage good attendance.
Supporting attendance, achievement and progress
On each day of absence, families must inform the School by 8.15am on 020 8252 9831 or email us at email@example.com
Failure to do so will result in contact being made by the attendance team (first day of absence).
Where attendance falls below target levels (97%) over a prolonged period of time, a letter of concern will be sent home.
Continued concern will lead to further communications. These could include forming attendance action plans, attendance panel meetings and possible prosecution in more serious cases.
Absence during the school day / appointments
Students should always attend school BEFORE the appointment to get their morning mark.
They should always return AFTER the appointment via the attendance office, even if it is for the last half hour of school, to receive their mark and collect any missed work.
Try to ensure that regular appointments e.g. orthodontist, are arranged during the school holidays and half-term holidays if possible, or after school.
We do understand that some appointments cannot be changed, however please always QUESTION if there is an alternative or later appointment that day, e.g. after school.
Arriving at school prepared for learning in correct uniform, with full equipment and a well-focused attitude for learning is of crucial importance. This is key to a positive start to the day’s learning. The school is open for students from 8.10am (Secondary) and 8.15am (Primary): all are expected to be in the building and in tutor time by 8.15am (Secondary) and 8.40am (Primary). Failure to do this will result in disruption to students’ own learning as well as the learning of others.
Attendance and Absence Policy-2021