Please see below our latest Ofsted report
In May 2022 ATAM was inspected by Ofsted. This inspection follows a safeguarding inspection in May 2021 when we were judged effective and I am pleased to say they confirmed that safeguarding is still effective at ATAM. The report is thorough and highlights that pupils enjoy their learning and are happy at school, attendance rates are high. Pupils say they are safe and insist that bullying is not an issue here. Ofsted said that Leaders have clear aims for the quality of education. Safeguarding continues to be effective and that the safeguarding team take appropriate and prompt action to follow up on any concerns.
Ofsted have given us five areas to develop that will ensure we are a good school within a year.
We agree with these areas and I can summarise them as being:
- Leaders should ensure that pupils’ learning from early years through to key stage 3 is planned coherently in all subjects.
- Leaders should ensure that all staff, in all phases of the school, have the training they need to help any weaker readers to catch up quickly and develop reading fluency.
- Leaders should ensure that, throughout the school, standards of behaviour are consistently high.
- Leaders, including those responsible for governance, should ensure that all record-keeping is well organised and monitored stringently.
- Leaders should improve their communication with parents and continue their work to build parents’ trust in the school.
Please see our Post Ofsted Action Plan for more details of how we are continuing to improve the quality of education for all students.ATAM Post Ofsted Action Plan 2022 SummaryATAM Academy Section 5 May 2022