Come and work at our school!
PA & Office Manager
An Exciting new opportunity at Atam Academy, Redbridge. We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled PA and Office Manager for our Academy. We are a growing All-through Academy with our first secondary pupils starting in September 2019.
We have a state of the art new building and wonderful facilities, excellent staff support and career development. This post would suit an experienced Office Manager or Administrator preferably with experience of working in a school environment.
The salary range is £25,000 to £28,000 pa
Closing date: 14/12/18
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and dedicated staff.
You will be responsible for the upkeep of the internal and external running of the school - overseeing maintenance of buildings and grounds and following procedures and policies.
Experience of caretaking within your previous setting is preferable but not essential.
Application Form, Job Description and Personal Specification are available on our website:
HOURS PER WEEK 10 hours
Line of responsibility The Kitchen Porter will be responsible to the Catering Manager.
To support the catering manager to serve daily healthy meals to pupils.
To be responsible for the setting up and tidying away of the servery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wash and clean lunch plates, glasses and cutlery daily.
- Keep the store room organized and tidy.
- Liaise with catering manager to prepare for lunch – ensure everything is on the trolley to take out to the canteen.
- At lunch time stand by the multi-trolley to ensure students are stacking plates correctly and keep a note of wastage.
- Clean kitchen surfaces, sinks and kitchen floor daily.
- Keep up to date with catering, food hygiene and health and safety developments and regulations, and communicate relevant information to staff.
- Attend relevant meetings and training sessions.
- Undertake first aid training and responsibilities as required.
- Follow the academy’s policies on safeguarding and confidentiality when undertaking the job.
Conditions of employment
- The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the contract of employment).
- S/he is required to support and encourage the school’s ethos and its objectives, policies and procedures as agreed by the governing body.
- S/he shall uphold the school’s policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding matters.
- S/he shall be subject to all relevant statutory and institutional requirements.
- S/he may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks after consultation.
- This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed.
- This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the post holder.
- All members of staff are required to participate in the school’s appraisal scheme.
ATAM Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. All applicants will be subject to rigorous safer recruitment procedures and must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and DBS check.
Visits to the Academy are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by emailing: email@example.com, or telephoning the school on 0208-252-9831.