Come and work at our school!
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SPECIALISTS AT ATAM ACADEMY.
Head Of Primary At Atam Academy, Redbridge
CORE PURPOSE: To provide dynamic and professional leadership of the Primary Phase of Atam Academy, which is an all-through 3 -18 Academy, including Nursery. The Head of Primary working with the Executive Headteacher will be accountable for the Academy’s continued success and improvement in achieving its vision to be school where a love of learning and life is nurtured, where standards are exceptionally high and where partnerships enhance our achievements. We hold strongly to our founding values as a Sikh Faith School.
In order to deliver dynamic and professional leadership of the Primary phase, the Head of Primary has a range of key accountabilities to the Governing Body as follows:
• With the Director of Education and Executive Headteacher; provide vision and strategic direction
• Lead by example to foster an open, transparent and equitable culture
• Develop the distinctive Faith of the school in line with its founding principles as an inclusive Sikh Faith school within its local community
• Evaluate school performance and effectiveness and identify priorities for continuous improvement
• Achieve and sustain outstanding teaching and learning across a broad and balanced curriculum
• Promote excellence, high expectations and standards of behaviour for all pupils
• Ensure equality of opportunity and inclusivity creating a culture and environment that enables pupils’ moral and spiritual growth
• Effective management and deployment of resources to achieve the school’s aims
• Create a safe and inspiring learning environment
• To be responsible for the day to day management of the school
• Work effectively with the Executive Headteacher and Governing Body upholding the highest standards of professionalism and support Governors/Trustees in ensuring that this impacts on all aspects of the Academy’s decision making processes
These accountabilities are described in more detail in the job description outlining key responsibilities
What we can offer:
• An outstanding rated all-through 3-18 academy
• Exceptionally well behaved and motivated pupils
• Dedicated staff and Governors
• A friendly and caring school, guided by Sikh values that are universal giving us a moral and ethical compass
• Excellent support from the Executive Headteacher and access to a range of high quality training opportunities to further your career
Closing date: 7th October 2019
Shortlisting: 7th -9th October 2019
Interview: W/C 14th October to be confirmed after shortlistingâ
For further details or discussion regarding this post contact:
Sulina Piesse, Executive Headteacher
Applications to be sent to: Marcia Lewis
T: 020 8252 9831
We encourage visits to the school, please contact Marcia Lewis to make an appointment.
APPLY AS A TEACHER
APPLY AS A TEACHING ASSISTANT